CAT 2023 Exam Date, Registration, Notification Out, Syllabus, Prep Tips
August 3, 2023
Just wanted to let you know that the good folks at IIM CAT have officially dropped the notification for CAT 2023 on their website. Mark your calendars because registrations will open on August 2, 2023. And guess what? This year's CAT exam will be hosted by IIM Lucknow. To know more about the CAT exam 2023, keep on reading below!
|02/08/2023 Till 10 am|
|Closing Dates||13/09/2023 Till 5 pm|
|Result Dates||2nd week of January (Tentative)|
CAT Exam Fees
|You're only expected to pay INR 2,400 if you're in the General category. Whereas, if you're in the Reserved category, it's even less, just INR 1,200!|
|Eligibility Criteria||You'll need an overall score of 50% to graduate (but if you're an SC/ST student, you only need 45%).|
|CAT Syllabus||1. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC): Let's get ready to enhance our language skills and understand written information accurately.|
|2. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR): Here we'll learn to interpret data and use logical thinking to draw conclusions. Sounds exciting, right?|
|3. Quantitative Ability (QA): It's all about dealing with numbers and mathematical calculations here. Be it addition, subtraction, algebra, or geometry - we'll master it all. Let's ace numeracy!|
Get Started: Apply and Register for CAT 2023 Today!
If you're planning to apply for the CAT 2023, here's some important information for you. However, make sure you fit into their eligibility criteria to apply.
Here's a simple guide for you to understand the CAT application process better:
- Visit the CAT 2023 website: Click on 'new registration' when you are on the website.
- Fill in your basic information: This includes providing an active email ID, your contact number, along with a secure password.
- Confirm your registration: You will receive an OTP on your phone for authentication, make sure you verify it.
- Provide your academic details: Also, key in your personal ID number, be it Aadhar, Voter ID, or Passport number.
- Scan and upload images: Don't forget to scan and upload your photograph along with your signature.
- Choose your preferences: You can now choose your preferred IIMs, their corresponding courses, and the cities for the test.
- Pay the CAT application fee: Complete your application process by making payment through your debit/credit card or via net banking.
And, there you go! All the best for your application process.
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
For the upcoming CAT 2023 exam, here's what you need to know about eligibility:
- You should hold a Bachelor's degree with at least a 50% aggregate or equivalent CGPA. For those who identify as SC, ST, and PWD/DA, the minimum required aggregate is 45%.
- If you have a professional degree in CA, CS, or ICWA and meet the required percentage, you're good to go as well.
- Finally, if you're in the final year of your Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification, or waiting for the results, don't worry, you're still eligible to take the exam.
Let's talk about the CAT Exam Pattern & Question Paper Structure!
The CAT questionnaire is neatly split into three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
Overwhelmingly, the CAT questions are of the MCQ style. But don't get too comfy – some VARC and QA questions will need you to type out your answers directly. As for its difficulty level, the CAT exam tends to hang between moderate and high. Ready to learn more? Take a peek at the key highlights of the CAT 2023 exam pattern we've listed below for you:
CAT exam sections
|VARC, DILR, and QA|
|Duration of CAT exam||40 minutes per section (Total 120 minutes)|
|Total number of questions||66|
|Section-wise number of questions||VARC - 24|
|DILR - 20|
|QA - 22|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of answer choices||Four|
|Type of questions||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for every correct response|
|Negative marking of 1/3 (-1) for every wrong MCQ response|
|No negative marking for wrong non-MCQ respons|
CATs Exam Preparation Tips
Starting your preparation 9 months early is a good rule of thumb if you’re gearing up for CAT 2023. So, guys, this means you should ideally crack open those books around February or March. This exam isn’t one to underestimate - it's one of the toughest MBA entrance exams in India. On the bright side, prepping for CAT also arms you for other MBA entrance exams, because the syllabus is pretty much the same across the board.
Remember, CAT is high on the difficulty level, so you don’t want to rely solely on learning by rote or taking shortcuts with calculations. What really counts is a solid grasp of concepts, which you should nail down before tackling practice questions.
To kickstart your CAT journey, ponder over one thing - to coach or not to coach. Sure, passing the CAT without coaching is a possible feat, but it demands a hefty amount of self-discipline and dedication, and it's definitely the path less traveled. Opting for coaching can provide much-needed structure for many, with regular classes, mentorship, practice sessions, and tests keeping you on your toes. At the end of the day, how you prepare for CAT 2023 is up to you to decide.
For more updates about blogs and Jobs visit our page examstour.com